GIRLS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Welcome to the wonderful world of girls youth lacrosse and what you need to know to manage your player’s participation in our programs!
A typical travel lacrosse season starts in March and ends in June. Since the weather in the beginning of March tends to be colder, we rent indoor space for practices (either at Fieldhouse Sudbury or Bosse in Framingham). By April, practices are held outdoors in Natick.
Founder Girls Lacrosse League (FGLL) schedules all of our games and posts the times on their website (FGLL.ORG). All games take place on Sunday afternoons usually between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Games begin in April and end around the second week of June. In addition to our regular travel program, we also have a Select program for the U12 and U14 levels. Select games are Friday nights and typically start at 7 p.m. under the lights of a high school field. This program is offered to all players that are currently enrolled in the regular travel league. Select practices are usually held after regular practice once a week or at the discretion of the head coach. Select is a highly competitive league and typically involves town-wide tryouts.
A typical practice schedule look like this, with field and times subject to change based on coach and field availability:
- Under 8 years old (U8): Practice 1x/week, typically Tuesday from 5 p.m.-6:15 p.m. at Cole Center North turf
- Under 10 years old (U10): Practice 2x/week, typically Monday & Wednesday from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Natick High School fields or another Natick field
- Under 12 years old (U12): Practice 2x/week, typically Monday & Wednesday from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Kennedy Middle School turf or another Natick field
- Under 14 years old (U14): Practice 2x/week, typically on Monday & Tuesday from 6:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at Natick High School fields or another Natick field
It's very important to register your child on time before January 1 for the spring season, as we use team numbers to determine coaches, teams, field space and league status. Late registrations puts your child at risk for being waitlisted! Please see our Registration page at naticklacrosse.com for details and deadlines. By February, your child’s coach will contact you via the parent email we have on file when you registered. Your child’s coach is your primary point of contact for all season-related questions.
You can order uniforms in person at Natick Outdoor Store usually by the first week in February. Payment is due to the store when you order. Costs vary based on new player jersey and shorts (about $60 total) or returning player upsizing (about $50 for jersey and $15 for shorts). You aren’t required to buy a new uniform if your player has one from last season that fits.
- FREE Fall Ball! These one-hour clinics are held on Sunday afternoons for six weeks (September/October) at Memorial Elementary School grass field (visit our Registration page online for details and deadlines). The goals of this clinic are to improve experienced players’ fundamentals as well as have new players feel confident in catching, throwing, and lacrosse game concepts before the season starts.
- Winter Clinics at Bosse in Framingham or Fieldhouse Sudbury! These 1.5-hour afternoon clinics are held for eight weeks (December-February). Total cost is about $200 or drop in for $20/session. The goals of this clinic are to heighten players’ fundamentals and give more game-like paced drills to set players up for a successful spring season.
Last Updated: Fall 2022